Monday, August 23, 2021

Oil Prices Surge On Back Of Stronger Dollar -- CNBC -- August 23, 2021

Moments ago, CNBC just said that oil is surging today because of a stronger dollar. Oh, give me a break. 

The dollar is down 0.52% today, down to $92.98 (from CNBC, by the way). A stronger dollar drives the price of oil down, not up.  I wonder if the "talking head" misspoke? Be that as it may, the strength (or lack of strength) of the dollar today in now way accounts for a four-percent jump in the price of oil.

Link here.


I googled for a stock photo of an oil investor who shorted oil last Friday:

2 comments:

  1. Remember playing the exchange rate lotto in West Germany. Some months it worked out better to cash my checks at local German bank, wait a few days and have converted. Gave myself a raise, just based on the rate of exchange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did the same thing while stationed overseas. Some months it could be quite remarkable.

      Delete