Friday, April 26, 2019

No More Blogging For Awhile; More Records On Wall Street? -- April 26, 2019

I am in such a great mood, I am overwhelmed by all the economic news and earnings reports. The problem: so much stuff happening, I honestly don't have the energy to blog. Seriously.

The eye-popping 1Q19 GDP (first reading which will be revised). Amazon. Hess. Ford. Xilinx, OXY-CVX-APC. And the 3:00 a.m. presidential phone call to Prince Salman which caused WTI to drop well below $64. There was so much more but that's what sticks in my mind. And I see I have a note about Tesla in my in-box -- we'll post that later.

In addition, I have family commitments tonight which will / would interrupt blogging, so for now, I'm just going to re-post this:
By the way, what did "the market" feel about the GDP, headed into a weekend? All three indices closed higher and the gains were not trivial. The S&P 500 rose almost 14 points. If the S&P 500 didn't close at a new high, it came very, very close. It's intra-day high was 2,939.88 was very, very close to the all-time intra-day high of 2,940.91.

No comments:

Post a Comment