Monday, August 23, 2010

The Spearfish: Beating a Dead Horse?

I don't want to beat a dead horse but folks continue to ask about the Spearfish formation. I tried to answer questions in the "comments" section but couldn't get the URL's to paste, so I am providing this note as a stand-alone posting.

See the comments at this link.

This site linked the same story I linked earlier, about the potential number of wells in Bottineau County.

These stories suggested that there could be as many as 30 wells in each section, or 30 wells in each square mile. This site shows what that looks like in Manitoba (Canada/Williston Basin), a graphic I had not seen previously.

Take it for what it's worth. I have no dog in this fight. It will simply be interesting to follow.

For more on the Spearfish, click here (or click on "The Spearfish" at the sidebar on the right).

No comments:

Post a Comment