Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Nothing About The Bakken -- September 18, 2018

I received a very nice comment from a reader earlier today. The reader said a lot of nice things about the blog, the music, the politics, the family stuff. I kept waiting for the "... but ... you need to ...."

The reader was being very generous ...

Wow, I have to play some music really loud -- before this gets too cheesy / sappy / treacly --

Dreaming, Blondie

The writer picked up on something: a lot of the notes to the granddaughters are simply there for them if they ever need something biographical for a school project. LOL.

My biggest complaint about the blog: the music is repetitive. I try to find new stuff but it seems YouTube keeps pushing me in certain directions.

"Treacly." My wife taught me that word years ago. 

**********************************

Wow, I haven't done this one in a long time. It's perhaps my all-time favorite -- again, headphones, and really, really loud .... I usually post a different video when I post this song -- first time for this particular video --

Yellow River, The Tremeloes</center>

One of the comments regarding this video:
It's no coincidence that the music sounds very similar: It's exactly the same recording. Only the voice was re-recorded. See Wikipedia: ""Yellow River" is a popular song recorded by the British band Christie. Written by band leader Jeff Christie, the song was offered to The Tremeloes, who recorded it with the intention of releasing it as a single early in 1970. However, after the success of their then most recent single, "Call Me Number One", and after considering it too pop-orientated for their future direction, they decided to follow it up with another of their own compositions, "By The Way", which was only a minor Top 40 success.
Producer Mike Smith therefore took their vocals off the recording and added those of Jeff Christie. Released on 23 April 1970, it became an international hit, reaching number one on the UK Singles Chart for one week in June 1970. In the US, it reached number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. Bad luck! The Tremeloes missed their biggest hit!
*********************************

9:00 p.m. Starbucks closes at 9:30; they start shutting down at 9:15 p.m. Will have to finish this at home -- five-mile bike ride -- busy traffic part of the way; busy highway part of the way. Pitch black; sunset some hours ago -- officially 7:30 p.m. -- hard to believe, so early for sunset. I have lots of lights on the bike and my backpack. Lots of time to think.

****************************

Good luck to all. See you in the a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment