Thursday, March 29, 2018

Taxable Sales And Purchases -- North Dakota-- 2017 Data Released -- Not Fake News But Incredibly Poor Headline / Poor Reporting

To the reader who sent me the link/story:
Wow, wow, wow -- what a poor headline.

2017 over 2016:
Every major city in ND showed negative  change 2017 over 2016 EXCEPT Dickinson and Williston. Even Minot showed a slight decrease. Bismarck, Fargo, Grand Forks -- all negative.

Williston: 24% increase in taxable sales and purchases year-over-year.
The only reason ND was even positive by 3% was due completely to the Bakken.

Even Minot was slightly negative. 

The full PDF tables are here.
I will come back to this later when I have more time. Blogging will be delayed today.

I am not sure if all links work but we will get that sorted out later.

This is the reason for being behind in blogging. Re-reading an expert's analysis of the Bakken. I'm trying to see what I missed. It will take me most of the day to get through that report.

No comments:

Post a Comment