Monday, January 8, 2018

Playing Around With Maps And The New Williston International Airport -- January 8, 2018

I'm just having a bit of fun with this. I'm not sure I have the correct well or the correct location, but I think I'm correct, and, if not, pretty close.

Disclaimer: this is for my entertainment. It could be "way wrong." Don't quote me on any of this. If this is important to you, go to the source. 

First, a couple of links:
Two runways: the airport will have two runways. Runway 14/32 will be the primary runway and have dimensions 7,500 by 150 feet, while runway 4/22 will be the crosswind runway and measure 4,500 by 75 feet.

The graphics:

First, the aerial view:
Then, from Google maps:


Overlaying the NDIC map:


Zooming out, 6.34 miles, diagonally from old airport to site of new airport:



No comments:

Post a Comment