Thursday, June 18, 2015

For Newbies -- A Quick Look At The Recent Fracklog -- June 18, 2015

Recently a new term was introduced in the Bakken: fracklog.

This is the number of wells waiting to be fracked, the "fracking backlog," or "fracklog" for short.

One can quickly scroll through the list at this post to see the fracklog for the past six months or so.

******************************
A Note For The Granddaughters

The granddaughters will all have birthdays in July: the oldest turns 12; the middle one turns 9, and the baby turns one year old.

One of my goals over the years has always been to get the granddaughters in the water and swimming as early as possible, mostly for safety reasons. Over the years I had read too many stories of toddlers falling into neighborhood swimming pools.

I was quite successful with the first granddaughter; she was swimming by the age of two years of age -- I think; I can't remember for sure. She is now playing on a Texas championship water polo team.

I was not quite as successful with the second granddaughter; it took a bit longer, but she was an expert swimmer by age 5 and competitively swimming by age 7. She no longer swims competitively; she is now 24/7 involved with soccer, and has less time for swimming.

Because of "things" beyond my control, I was a bit delayed with the youngest granddaughter. I had hoped to be in the water with her by six months but was delayed until she was 10 months old, or thereabouts. She is now 11 months old and we are in the pool one hour each afternoon (unless the weather does not cooperate).

She's not swim on her own yet, but there's a possibility she will swim before she walks. I really don't think that will happen, but we're working on it.

Anyway, after the hour or so of swimming, we take our towels and then "chill out," sitting in the sun to dry off.

The family pool is shaded by too many trees and there is not a good place to sunbathe, so we take our towels, go out to the front of the house, and stretch out on the driveway.

This afternoon my wife caught a nice candid shot of the two of us "chillin."

 
(If you look closely, my back is covered with mosquito bites. I try to avoid mosquito spray. We protect Sophia with mosquito spray and sun tan lotion.)

(Sophia is very petite. She has her one-year well baby exam in the next week or so. She is on her growth curve but will probably be on the 10th to 25th percentile for height/length, and 25th to 50th percentile for weight. She loves to eat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment