Friday, May 23, 2014

For Investors Only -- Friday, May 23, 2014 -- Going Into Long Weekend

S&P hits 1,900 for the first time. Flirts with intra-day high.  I see CNBC finally removed Dennis Gartman's talk of a correction this week. [See this update.]

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment decisions based on anything you read at this site or anything you think you might have read.

WTI oil solidly above $104. 

NYSE/Dow hits new high.

Trading at new 52-week highs: AAPL, UNP, WMB. I can't remember if I saw this earlier -- UNP announced a 2-1 stock split a few days ago (yes, I see I did; I forgot). I still think we will see an announcement from XOM and CVX of a forthcoming split. Look at the chart/events.

I was intrigued when I saw the headline that "Tesla was on fire" over at CNBC -- I knew they weren't talking about batteries catching, but I was a little surprised that shares were moving. So I checked. Up less than a percent and well off its 52-week high. CNBC  certainly has its favorites. Meanwhile, not mentioned by CNBC, AAPL is trading at a new 52-week high, up almost $4.00.

******************************
Global Warming

It's hard to talk about global warming in Chicago -- President Obama. So, let's go golfing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment