Monday, April 7, 2014

"The Bakken" As Laboratory: Secondary Containment; Pad Design

One of the things I've enjoyed about the "Bakken laboratory" is watching the new technology, the new processes being developed.

I was just sent a note about a relatively new development in secondary containment in the Bakken. It looks quite interesting. I would think this would be a pretty neat solution to spring flooding issues.

I would also think that the less stuff that has to be buried the better. I don't know. But with the tanks sitting slightly above grade, the pipe could, I suppose, all be above ground making corrosion less of a problem, and inspection, maintenance, and replacement a whole lot easier. No back hoe required to ditch the pad; the tanks, also above grade, lessening issues with corrosion and making it easier to inspect and maintain.

Again, I may be misreading this but that's what it looks like to me. I could be wrong, but it looks like most of this could be set up on site quickly and with a minimum number of workers.

The website: www.sentinelcontainment.com.