Drawing for the proposed "new" Rickard Elementary School
If approved, the schools will completed by the all of 2019 -- "in time to beat the majority of (enrollment) growth."
The district is expected to enroll 5,300 students by the year 2024. For some perspective, the entire population of Williston was somewhere between 8,000 and 10,000 when I attended school there.
Other data points for the elementary schools:
- each elementary school: capacity for 600 students
- two separate areas to pick up and drop off students
- larger windows to make it easier to see who's approaching the school
- the library will be close to the main entrance
- additions will be accomplished at each end of an already existing classroom wing
- the existing wing/additions: three stories
- will ad 15 classrooms to the high school
- will expand space for special education