Friday, December 10, 2010

Shooting From The Hip -- For Investors Only

Note: when I posted the list below, I was unaware that Newfield would soon be added to the S&P 500; that announcement was made December 10, 2010.  -- posted December 11, 2010.

*******
Original Posting

Without any real analysis, except a gut feeling based on everything I've posted / read this past three months, these are the "Bakken" companies that excite me the most:

Whiting: cash flow in Sanish; expanding in TFS and perhaps the Lodgepole
Newfield: expanding in ND Bakken; big presence in Alberta Bakken
KOG: price action
Oasis: IPO
NOG: unique business model
CLR: 22 rigs; "face" of the Bakken

ENB: doubling takeaway capacity in the Bakken
EEP: high distribution of profits back to investors
WHX: high distribution of profits back to investors

Of those listed, I accumulate shares in NOG, WHX, ENB, EEP.

I kick myself, as an investor, for not investing in OAS and KOG early on.

To some extent, I wonder if I missed Newfield early on.

For newbies: there has been a huge run-up in some of the companies noted above, and I am not recommending investing or not investing at this particular time. This is just idle chatter I would engage in if I were sitting in on a coffee klatsch at the Economart in Williston.

No comments:

Post a Comment