Saturday, August 7, 2010

Miscellaneous Links -- Current Events in the Bakken -- 1st Weekend, August, 2010

I've been sent a number of very interesting links that will take some time to sort through. Not knowing if I will get to all of them before I start traveling tomorrow, I will list the links and then sort through them later, and will place them at the appropriate spots in my blog.

If nothing else, you all should read the 2007 story about CARBO Ceramics, linked below. 
              I am easily swayed by presentations and earnings reports, but reading the "tea leaves" suggests to me that there are some very interesting things going on in the Bakken. I am accused of being inappropriately exuberant, but I feel even more so going into this next week. If we slip into a double-dip recession and price of oil drops back to below $60, I won't feel so good, but it will be another buying opportunity: a) the bigger companies have hedged their prices; and, b) the long term trend for the price of oil is up, at least in my mind.

              2 comments:

              1. Oasis to Announce Second Quarter 2010 Results
                PR Newswire
                HOUSTON , Aug. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE: OAS) ("Oasis" or the "Company") plans to issue its press release announcing second quarter 2010 financial and operational results on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 after the close of trading on the NYSE. Additionally, the Company will host a conference call on Thursday, August 12, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Central Time to discuss its second quarter 2010 financial and operational results.

                From: dholmen

                ReplyDelete
              2. This will be of much interest for lots of folks.

                ReplyDelete