Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Apple -- Truly Amazing -- October 12, 2022

After our latest move, and after their move, our older daughter and son-in-law "recovered" an old Apple desktop computer that I had almost two decades ago. I finally got around to booting it up again, and after putting new double-A Energizer batteries in the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse, started seeing what it cuold do.

The computer is a beautiful, beautiful, desktop iMac:

The iMac G5 is an all-in-one personal computer that was designed, manufactured and sold by Apple Computer from August 2004 to March 2006. It is the final iMac to use a PowerPC processor, making it the last model that could natively run Mac OS 9 (Classic) applications. It was replaced in January 2006 by the Intel-based iMac, which retained the features, price, and case design of the iMac G5. 

The Yahoo applications appear to be no longer supported: every time I try to open Yahoo Mail, the computer crashes.

It appears I am unable to update the Safari (Apple) browser, but astonishingly, I can update the Firefox browser.

It seamlessly connected to the internet -- the whole thing was completely amazing. 

It is slow, but it would still meet my needs twenty years after I bought it. See photo below; it's in the "bat cave."

From another source

No comments:

Post a Comment