Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Disclaimers And Other Notes -- June 15, 2022

Disclaimer: I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken. 

Disclaimer: I love Big Oil. And small oil. And all oil in between. I agree completely that the climate is changing, as it has for millions (actually billions) of years. 

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.

Opinions are interspersed with facts and factoids. It is often difficult to tell the difference. 

Comments are heavily moderated: comments are generally not posted if they "don't move the conversation along." Although I post much political content, I almost never publish political comments in reply to my political posts. If comments would hurt Sophia's feeling, they don't get published.

Twitter is a huge source of "breaking news."

Analysis of the Bakken: compromised by fact that some of the NDIC site is still not back to "normal," specifically the GIS map server. Without that interactive map, it's almost impossible to sort out what's going on in the Bakken. 

Full disclaimer: there is much more at this post but this post has not been reviewed or updated in a long, long time.

4 comments:

  1. Just reviewed the June 2022 directors cut on YouTube. Two things I gleaned. First one of the companies is not completing its wells fast enough and they are getting pressured, my guess is Marathon. Second, the statement that Public companies are being oppressed by the SEC to follow onerous ESG rules. Will there be a great exodus from Public companies to the Private realm.

    Should the SEC have this much power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great observations / great comments. I was very, very aware of the second point (ESG / SEC) and just ran out of time and energy to post a comment. The first observation, I completely missed. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Didn’t Harold Hamm say a few years ago Bakker “system” contains a Trillion barrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did. Some months later, maybe six months later, he walked that back to 500 billion bbls but I'm pretty confident he walked it back to half a trillion simply because he was getting too much push back from his contemporaries and didn't want to risk his credibility. Deep down, being the oilman he is, my hunch he still "thinks" / "believes" in a "trillion-barrel Bakken.

      Delete