Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Be Greedy When Others Are Fearful -- June 15, 2022

Wow, I'm in a good mood. I have a new goal starting this fall. Won't post it now. We'll see what October brings. 

I'm in a very enviable situation, I suppose. Sorry. Not sorry. 

Whoever would have thought "Sorry. Not Sorry." would have become a thing? But I digress.

I'm in a very enviable situation, I suppose. Sorry. Not sorry. 

I spend my day in the pool and / or with Sophia, watching her play soccer or perform in gymnastics. And we do "flashcards" every day, and even a bit of Duolingo Spanish.

And my monthly revenue stream exceeds my wildest expectations of only five years ago. And that revenue stream is almost 100% due to investing, living below my means, and maintaining a "rolling" thirty-year horizon.

Changes in attitude, changes in latitude.

When times were good, I checked my net worth at least once a day.

Now that times are tough, I don't ruin my day by checking my net worth, which continues to fall every day, though recently it seems to have stabilized. I haven't checked my net worth in two months.

But I can hardly wait for each new day because I continue to invest aggressively now that everything is on sale, and my monthly dividends / revenue stream keeps increasing. 

  • 50 - 30 - 20: 
    • blue chip, Fortune 500, Warren-Buffett-approved: 50%
    • tech, 30%
    • Permian, 20%

The "50" and the "30" won't change. The "20" may change, but I have no idea what it would be. Maybe "60/40" when I max out my risk-aversion to the Permian. 

Tusk:

Tusk, Fleetwood Mac

USC was my alma mater. 

Walk of Life, why not?

Walk of Life, Dire Straits

 Okay, one more and then I'm heading to bed.

The Wilson Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment