Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday Night Ramblings -- Nothing About The Bakken -- July 20, 2021

Many, many stories in the queue but I'm too tired tonight to post them. They will get posted tomorrow, a day late but that's fine. 

I was able to get into the pool three times today. The third time was this evening, from 8:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. I didn't check the temperature when I got into the pool but when I got out it was 84° according to my wife, though my phone said 82°. Whatever. Absolutely clear sky. If one looked really hard one might spot some wispy clouds crossing in front of the three-quarter moon. As the night got darker, the moon got brighter, and it seemed not so far away. It almost seemed that if Jeff Bezos and crew had wanted to fly to the moon, they could have done it.

Put your headphones one. When she starts singing, ignore the video; see if you "see" a 27-year-old sultry [fill in the blank] singing it.

I stumbled across a wonderful documentary -- Sinatra In Palm Springs: The Place He Called Home (2019). I'm not sure how much I enjoy it -- I watched the first twenty minutes but the clarity of the video is absolutely incredible, and I now have a better feeling for Palm Springs and its relationship to Las Angelinos. 

I'll go back to the documentary some time but it might be awhile. Just so much else to watch. 

I've been through Palm Springs a few times. Sort of like Santa Barbara but different, and just amazing that ordinary folks can actually live in either locale.

This is such a great country; so many places to visit; so many different places to live. 

******************************
MLB Basketball
Finals

Sixth game in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee leads the series 3 - 2 and could win the championship tonight. Leading by five points in the middle of the fourth quarter, Milwaukee has the momentum and the home court. 

One gets the feeling the crowd and the Milwaukee players can feel the win. 

With an offensive foul late in the fourth period, that might have been the tipping point.

No comments:

Post a Comment