Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Idle Rambling -- Can't Get Enough -- The Christmas Tree Edition -- July 20, 2021

I don't care for ...

... let me start over ...

I have a love/hate relationship with CNBC. When I'm most cynical, I refuse to watch CNBC and I've mentioned often that I've quit watching CNBC forever. And then I find myself going back to CNBC

The best two hours on CNBC if you have to watch it: 8:00 to 9:00 CT, Squawk something or other, and then Fast Money, 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT. I'm on the fence whether Jim Cramer's Mad Money is the third best business hour on TV. But I digress.

Think of every talking head on CNBC as a Christmas tree. Some of the Christmas trees are really, really quite interesting: Joe Kernen, Jim Cramer (when he's on his meds), David Faber, Steve Liesman, Bob Pisani, Carl Quintanilla, Rick Santelli (I just noticed that these are all men; I've gone through the talking head list again and still can't find a woman I would add to this list; the women are pretty much "readers/presenters"; the men listed are pretty much analysts in their own right). 

Each of those Christmas trees add new baubles to their branches every day, and remove some of the baubles from earlier episodes. But everyday, these talking heads / Christmas trees have a moveable feast of ornaments. 

On that list, my least favorite tree is Steve Liesman, but even though I may not like the tree, I watch the ornaments closely, the ornaments Steve takes down each day and the new ones he puts up each day. Even if I don't care for the tree itself, I can learn something from the baubles. and today he was brilliant regarding the ten-year treasury yielding 1.15% or whatever it was (previously posted). 

Rick Santelli, Bob Pisani, and David Farber never let me down. Always attractive firs among the Christmas trees.

****************************
Can't Get Enough

One hour long loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-cxNaa8hs. Unfortunately no video.

The video that is impossible to not watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s37x2VSZrLw

My wife disagrees: she cannot stand Arianna Grande. My wife is a Pelosi Democrat. I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment