Friday, September 18, 2020

Was It Something I Said? A Note To A Reader -- Septermber 18, 2020

All of a sudden, about a week ago (actually I can pinpoint the exact moment, if necessary) I quit receiving e-mail from one of my most faithful readers and cleverest writers. It's because of that reader some of my best posts show up on the blog. 

But then, all of a sudden, the e-mail stopped. I assumed it was something I said. It was devastating. I wracked my brain, trying to figure it out. I had an idea but I thought, "no, are you kidding?" But it's bothered me for over a week. I was going to post a blog, "Was It Something I Said?" and then thought that was a bit inappropriate so I let it be.

This morning, about 3:00 a.m. I woke up realizing I had completely forgotten that it was Thursday night last night, and I must have missed the Thursday night football game. I'll check that later. But then I got distracted, curious where Phil Mickelson finally ended up on the "PGA leaderboard today." (Spoiler alert: not good.)

And, then, I have no idea why I checked, but for some reason I checked my "Spam" folder. I haven't checked that folder in ages. OMG!

The reader's notes -- and there are a lot of them ended up in that folder. OMG! I'll be up all night catching up. 

Oh, that's right -- now I remember how that happened. I accidentally transferred one of my daughter's notes regarding Sophia into that folder, and immediately went to the folder and moved it back to the "in-box," and that's when I discovered a dozen (or more) of the reader's e-mails in the spam folder. I spent a fair amount of time getting them all moved back to the "in-box" and now the pleasure of going through them.

What surprises me though -- is that I personally answer 99% of all my e-mail, and I answer 99.99% of this reader's e-mail. The reader must have thought the same thing, "Was It Something I Said?"

I'm impressed the reader hung in there, never giving up. The most recent e-mail was last night after my long post on Sophia making pancakes.

Wow, I am so sorry.

Anyway, it's all sorted out. Now, I have to start reading all those e-mails. I won't answer most of them this time: too many to answer  and many of them are "water under the bridge," as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment