Wednesday, September 11, 2019

The Borrud Wells North Of Williston Starting To Be Posted -- September 11, 2019

A huge thank you to a reader alerting me to these wells. 

People will disagree with me but I've never considered the Tyrone oil field, just north of Williston, as a great field. But the field is starting to report some incredibly huge wells. This leads me back to my discussion about "sweet spots" in the Bakken. Over-emphasized.

Perhaps a better way of saying this: not so much as "over-emphasized," but perhaps we need a new discussion on "sweet spots."

Case study:
  • 29539, 4,635, Bruin/HRC, Borrud 156-101-1B-12-2H, Tyrone, t7/19; cum 50K over 25 days. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. The cumulative in less than 30 days is incredibly, but look at that IP: 4,635.
This is simply huge, regardless of where it is in the Bakken. But this is in a Tier 2 field, perhaps. I don't know. Maybe Tier 1, but certainly not a great Tier 1 and certainly during the boom it would not have been considered a Tier 1.

But look at that IP and that 25-day cum. Incredible. 

The Borrud wells are tracked here

#29539 was a middle Bakken well: fracked; using 16 million lbs sand over 60 stages.

I would write more but suffice it to say: during summers (or at least one summer) in the late 60s, while in high school David K. and I picked rocks on the  Borrud farm. A backbreaking miserable job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment