Sunday, November 18, 2018

Minimal Blogging This Weekend Due To Family Commitments -- November 16, 2018

Water polo (the oldest granddaughter) and soccer (the middle granddaughter) tournaments all weekend long.

First soccer game started a few minutes ago, at 8:00 a.m. and across town (Dallas), the first water polo game will start at 8:50. I'm at the water polo game; rest of the family is at the soccer game. Windy and chilly this morning. It's good to be inside.

Meanwhile, the most coincidental of things. On the way home from water  polo last night, Arianna said she saw "Rocky Horror Picture Show" for the first time one week at a friend's house. Special occasion. Of course.

Arianna asked if I had seen it the movie? Of course. Many times. One of my favorites. She hoped to see it again and wondered if any local theaters would be showing it this holiday season.

Break, break.

I dropped her off at water polo to warm up while I went to find a Starbucks. The Starbucks inside Kroger's next door did not have wi-fi, so I moved on. One-third of a mile down the road, a free-standing Starbucks in an upscale shopping area.

And then this:


Marilyn vos Savant would call this nothing more than a simple coincidence. I'm not so sure.

The odds of Arianna bringing up this movie were very, very low.

The odds of the first Starbucks/Kroger not having wi-fi were very, very low.

The odds of my getting lost on the way to the second Starbucks and passing this theater were very, very low.

The odds of the theater to already be advertising this movie were very, very low.

Yeah, probably just a coincidence. I'm not convinced.

********************************
Global Warming Hits The South

Southern Minnesota, that is.

From Don:


Meanwhile, a balmy 20 degrees -- rising to an even-balmier 32 degrees -- in the Bakken:



My dad always said Williston was in the "banana belt" compared to the rest of North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. Often he was correct.

Later when I have more time I will post a short note about the science behind global warming and how really, really smart physicists can lose credibility on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment