Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2009 Summary of North Dakota Oil Production

I am often accused of being inappropriately enthusiastic about the Bakken; I won't disagree. I am talking about the oil industry in North Dakota; I am not talking about investing; in that arena I am much more cautious. Producing oil and making money are two different things.

The gold standard for oil and natural gas reporting in the Rocky Mountain region is the Rocky Mountain Oil Journal. A link has now been provided by the Bakken Shale Discussion Group for the RMOG's 2009 Summary of North Dakota oil production. I feel vindicated with regard to my inappropriate enthusiasm. The first paragraph in this story uses the word "incredible" to describe the oil industry in North Dakota for 2009.

The BakkenBlog also links this story.

Here's the link.

Note that it is a PDF document and is 20 pages long, plenty of information to pore through. Enjoy. But check out the Bakken Shale Discussion Group for other interesting notes and commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment