Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Notes From All Over -- The Ivermectin Edition -- October 20, 2021

Fed rates: 1950s -- "they" were raising rates throughout the 1950s and the 1950s were the best years ever for the stock market. Analyst on CNBC -- my favorite analyst on CNBC.

Holiday spending: it will be huge this year. Just saying. More on this later as stories start to be reported. If you question me on this, check out my favorite graph. Updated data for September, 2021, has just been posted.

Boring: like him, hate, ignore him, whatever, but you have to admit he's pretty amazing. I think his SpaceX company now launches more communications satellites into space any other company or agency (combined); of course, Tesla; and the flame throwers. But now, just announced, Elon Musk's Boring Company has the contract for designing and building a 27-mile tunnel/loop under the city of Las Vegas to carry 57,000 passengers per hour. 

Covid: finally, looking forward to a US study involving ivermectin. The first study? Nebraska (ivdermection, yes) vs California (ivermectin, no). I think Nebraska physicians will be surprised to find out how many Americans suffer from undiagnosed river blindness. Link here.

$600 --> $10,000. I don't know if folks have been following the Resident Biden / SecTreasury Janet Yellen plan to let the IRS to track all bank transactions greater than $600. 

Yellen said it was to fight tax evasion among billionaires. Of course, that's laughable. Billionaires aren't avoiding taxes by moving money around in $600 increments. Now, having failed that, Biden / Yellen have moved the $600 threshold to $10,000. Yellen gives the same excuse: to track billionaires. I thought the Biden / Yellen plan was part of the long-term goal to have an annual post-card IRS tax filing: the IRS would figure the tax one would owe and one would only file one's own tax report if one did not agree to what the IRS figured. 

But something else is going on. Quick: who  / what is most against this idea? It turns out the bankers are fighting this tooth and nail. And the GOP. And the Dems to a great extent. Something else is going on and I think I know what it is, but I will let others think about it first. But ask yourself, why would banks be fighting this tooth and nail? Who is really pushing the Biden / Yellen plan, and why?

***********************************
Wireless Headphones

I finally moved farther into the 21st century, ordering -- for the first time ever -- my first set of wireless headphones. I always thought they were too expensive and I was happy with the sound system I had. But I'll be traveling soon and I frequently get up in the middle of the night to listen to music, and thought it was about time to get "with the program."

Beats® headphones seem to run in the $350 range. 

Last night -- maybe late afternoon -- I ordered a pair of Sony wireless headphones, WH-CH510, for $39 from Amazon. They arrived moments ago. And moments ago I was listening to Lana Del Rey from my iPad Pro which has no headphone jack. 

Awesome.

Fully charged, the headphones will play up to 35 hours. On a fast ten-minute charge will play for ninety minutes. No batteries. Comes with short charging cord; can be charged from computer port.

Claims to have noise suppression. I'll see next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment