Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Notes From All Over -- The Muhammed-Bin-Salman-Appreciation Edition -- January 5, 2021

Covid-19 in North Dakota.

Perhaps the most accurate tweet in quite some time:

Saudi Arabia looks to the Biden administration to stop fracking in the US and drilling off-shore. Saudi will simply wait out the next twelve months and will do just fine once Trump leaves office.

For the archives: Saudi Arabia agrees to cut production; Russia supports; and oil prices surge, with WTI going over $50/bbl for the first time in a very, very long time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have no idea. First, of all, most of my posted thoughts about "banning fracking" are made "tongue in cheek." There's a lot of "distance" between fracking today and banning fracking completely.

    I have a very thin skin, am highly emotional, wearing my patriotism on my sleeve, and remain incredibly inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, and my home state. To minimize the depression I might experience if worst comes to worst, I have emotionally and rationally "moved on."

    The Bakken is no longer the "end-all and be-all" for me.

    I remain excited about the geology, science, and technology as it relates to the Bakken, but I no longer "care" where this all leads.

    Don't take that out of context. Of course I "care," but not to the extent that my life hinges on the outcome any more. I think the last four years have taught me a lot.

    To answer your question, I think the price of gasoline will drive everything. Americans now know that yes, indeed, we can drill our way to lower gasoline prices. If "they" choose not to do so, that's their decision. But I will no longer feel any sympathy for anyone, especially Californians, who complain about the high price of gasoline and the increasing number of blackouts. It's 100% in our control.

    ReplyDelete