Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Notes From All Over -- The Ennui Edition -- January 5, 2021

I received several notes from readers this morning regarding the likelihood of unrestrained spending by the new administration and the $600 credit card recently sent out by the US government.

It now appears that "the squad" will recommend "we" get rid of this "credit card" stuff. "Credit cards" are so yesterday.

We need to move on. 

"The squad" will likely recommend:

A "special account" (SPAC): a blank check in the form of a debit card with no limit to be sent to all Americans who do not pay federal income taxes, the "cash" to be paid in bitcoin.

***********************************
The Sports Page

Just a short note. The only television I watch right now is sports talk television, old NASCAR races, TCM, and late-night poker. Seriously.

Ennui.

I just finished watching ESPN. "Stephen A" is a hater and a "........". I can't post the second word without getting in trouble. The word not posted is not a bad word; it is a six-letter word and regularly used by everyone. But I can't post it in this context without getting a barrage of e-mail which would be almost all favorable, in my estimation.

***************************
Ennui

Yes, that's true. Things are so boring right now for me I am back to watching television poker. LOL.

This has been the best vacation ever. It seems to have lasted forever. I was able to spend a long week with our 10-month-old twins in Portland, OR. Then, another long week at home alone. Wow, it was wonderful. But with Sophia not here I had about eight 24-hour stretches with nothing to do but blog, read, watch television. It was wonderful. 

So maybe "boring" is not the correct word. I have never been busier. I'm not watching televised poker, TCM, NASCAR because I'm bored. It's because I need some background noise with a link to humanity while "locked down" in my little hovel. Radio would not be adequate. Alexa occasionally provides some relief. I leave the house only to do some very limited grocery shopping and stopping by the local Bricks and Mini-Figures (Lego) store. I walk to the store, pulling my little rolling carry-on "suitcase" in which I carry my groceries back home, and I ride my bike to the Lego store, so I'm getting a bit of exercise, albeit not much.

TCM: most of the time I can find something good but last night, not so lucky. But then this, wow! Jason Bourne. I'm not sure I had ever seen the first episode in the four-part series. What a great movie. The car chase might have been a bit long, and a bit over the top, but that was my only negative thought while watching the movie. It was such a long scene, that in the future, when I watch this movie, I can use the scene as a bathroom break or as an opportunity to make some more microwave popcorn.

Dinner last night: Cornish hen, home-made mash potatoes, store-bought "stove-top" dressing, and gravy. Awesome. Cornish hens are the easiest, bar none. Okay, that's not true. Salmon is even easier. If I had a Weber here, it would be steak. I live in an apartment complex where charcoal grills are not allowed on the patios, so when I want to grill I need to use my Weber over at my daughter's house about a mile down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment