Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sunday Night -- A Little Bit Of Everything -- October 1, 2017

Starbucks shutters its on-line store. I did not know they had one. I guess maybe I did know after the recent press but, if so, I had not known about it until the recent decision to close the on-line strore.

Golf: I didn't watch it but just how lop-sided was it?
The United States won their seventh consecutive Presidents Cup over the International team on Sunday even as the final margin of eight points disguised the one-sided nature of the event.
A Sunday rally by the beleaguered Internationals, who won six of the 12 singles matches and halved three others, allowed the visitors to avoid a record defeat and escape Liberty National with a little pride.
The U.S., led by unbeaten Dustin Johnson and Phil Mickelson, prevailed 19-11 to claim the cup for the 10th time in 12 stagings of the biennial event.
The record winning margin is 11-1/2 points by the Americans in 2000.
NASCAR: great race today. Incredible that Chase Elliot could lose this race.

The final 16 going into this race:


The 12 that will advance to the next series:
1. Martin Truex Jr.: 3,059 points
2. Kyle Busch: 3,041 points
3. Kyle Larson: 3,034 points
4. Brad Keselowski: 3,020 points
5. Jimmie Johnson: 3,017 points
6. Kevin Harvick: 3,015 points
7. Denny Hamlin: 3,013 points
8. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: 3,010 points
9. Ryan Blaney: 3,008 points
10. Chase Elliott: 3,006 points
11. Matt Kenseth: 3,005 points
12. Jamie McMurray: 3,003 points
So, the four that did not make it:
  • Austin Dillon
  • Kasey Kahne
  • Kurt Busch
  • Ryan Newman
Futures: all green (despite the fact that the Trump tax cut bill is DOA).

Union: won't deliver water, food to Puerto Rico victims. No links; story everywhere. If Trump sends in US Army logistics, his approval rating will surge.

DUCs: in the Bakken, a lot of DUCs are going to be reported this week; if this trend continues, we could see North Dakota crude oil production drop below one million bopd when the August, 2017, data is released later this month.

NFL-free weekend, including no SNF.


NFL-free weekend, caught up on some reading, bits and pieces of the following:
  • Monet: his early years; pastels
  • Ernest Hemingway: "The Letters of .." -- a 3-volume set
  • Mark Twain: his autobiography -- a 3-volume set
**********************************
Banking in Texas

Sophia withdrawing $5 while visiting the local "pumpkin patch" this afternoon:


She told me her password is, "IloveT3xas." She told me to keep it a secret.

Sophia is a believer in this bull market by the way. When I asked her about the risk of an inverted yield curve in the bond market, she referred me to this article, and said, "not to worry. Now where is the ice cream and kettle corn?"

Shadows in a Mirror, Chris Isaak

When he's good, he's very, very good.

Sunday night is always the toughest night of the week for me. This song and video take me back to the first love of my life, my coming of age years -- she passed away some years ago, so no threat to current relationship -- but that doesn't make tonight - a Sunday night -- any easier to get through.

500 Miles Away From Home, Inside Llewyn Davis

Why I love to blog (and want to live forever). If I did not blog, I never would have come across this article about one of my favorite movies, Inside Llewyn Davis. It's one of my top ten movies, but interestingly, I cannot watch it over and over, like most of the other movies I love. It's simply too intense for me, emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment