Friday, January 27, 2012

The Sky Is Falling! The Sky Is Falling! CVX Posts Its Largest Earnings Decline in Two Years

.... from $2.64/share to $2.58/share.

Never mind.

I've told this story many, many times. I bought my first position in Texaco -- before it was CVX -- when it declared bankruptcy. And have never looked back.

It pays 3% and has a p/e of 7.7.

I remember when I first started investing thirty years ago: I was told to look for $6 stocks paying 6 percent with a p/e of 6. No joke. I guess that's why I missed AAPL when it was selling for $20, had no p/e, and was paying no dividend.

Everything's relative.

CVX paying 3 percent. What's your favorite money market account paying?

Be advised of disclaimer at the sidebar on the right. This is not an investment site. This is a friendly discussion among friends.

By the way, the state's Legacy Fund -- oil money -- will not be invested in the stock market, and will earn less than one percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment