Thursday, September 22, 2011

Another Huge Success Story in the Dakotas -- Not a Bakken Story

Update

I posted the original note below at 10:35 p.m. At 10:41 I happened to notice this story while moving from one site to another: North Dakota income up 13 percent. Coincidentally, it shines a spotlight on what I wrote below. How fascinating. By the way, note South Dakota high on that same list, and South Dakota has "no" oil industry, so income improvement is not solely due to oil.
Original Post
Link here.
OEM Worldwide, an electronics manufacturer in Watertown broke ground this week on an $11 million expansion project.

President and CEO Mike McCammack says the company has grown from 167 employees and $24 million in revenue in 2004 to 260 employees and revenues of more than $50 million today.
Someone pointed out that this is probably a non-union workplace since the president has not visited; it was also assumed that if it is a non-union workplace, the NLRB is looking into the legitimacy of the expansion. Don't write me; don't blame me. I am just the messenger.

My interest: Watertown is in South Dakota, home of my undergraduate alma mater, and state where my dad was born. Fond memories of visiting South Dakota over the years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment