Friday, March 25, 2011

North Korean Food Supplies Running Out -- Not a Bakken Story

Link here.
North Korea's government food distribution programme will run dry in May, 2011. 
This is what caught my eye:
The UN World Food Programme, which resumed sending food aid to North Korea in 2006, blamed flooding, foot-and-mouth disease, and an unusually cold winter for devastating food supplies to the country.
I have long used this blog to voice my skepticism regarding global warming caused by man (but I keep my non-Bakken posts to less than 90 percent of overall content).

Based on photos and history of the Korean War, my concept of North Korea is a country with very cold winters. To read that the country had yet another "unusually cold winter" is interesting considering all the years we've supposedly had global warming. By now, I would have thought it would have gotten warmer in North Korea. It's been 60 years of increased industrialism since the Korean war, and yet, the winters remain unusually cold.

As JRR Tolkien said, we all have our myths.

On another note, go back and read the reasons why the UN says North Korea's food distribution programme will run dry. It is interesting that "inept government" and/or "corrupt government" did not make the list of reasons why North Korea is running out of food.

2 comments:

  1. One of your myths is your belief that you know a myth when you see one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and your support.

    Yes, I just got a kick out of someone saying that it was an unusually cold winter in North Korea.

    That's like saying it was an unusually cold winter in North Dakota. Having said that, Williston, North Dakota did have the snowiest winter in 41 years, I believe.

    But if they said North Dakota had the coldest winter on record, that wouldn't mean a whole lot. Every winter is very, very cold.

    But I digress. Gotta get back to the Bakken; what a great day for fossil fuels.

    ReplyDelete