Sunday, February 3, 2013

How Much Is The Bakken Affecting the National GDP?

Just when I think I've seen it all and can't say much more about the Bakken, someone sends me a new presentation.

A reader just sent me this Professional Logistics Group presentation focusing on the impact the Bakken is having on the national transportation network. The presentation was prepared for Northwestern University Transportation Center.

You think a lot of trucks aren't needed? See slide 5. I forget now, but I believe the number of truck trips into each Bakken well site is 2,000. And each truck has to eventually leave: 2,000 round trips, or 4,000 one-way truck trips, generally from Williston to points north, south, east, and west.

Slide 12: fracking sand handled by railroad, by operator. I was surprised. I thought BNSF would be #1. It's not. It's Union Pacific Railroad.

Notice slide 13: the nation's sandbox.

Multiple slides on rail.

2 comments:

  1. i vote this presentation as the best of 2013.

    i think we made be hard pressed to see better this year..

    ReplyDelete