Monday, October 3, 2022

"Two-Buck Chuck" Is Now "Three-Buck Chuck" -- October 3, 2022

Wow, I've learned so much from the blog, not just the Bakken. 

Case in point: "two-buck chuck."

I moved to southern California in the autumn of 1973. My cup runneth over.

Or should I say "cups"?

One cup was wine and one wine was "two-buck Chuck" -- Trader Joe's store brand wine. And to survive in state that was home to Napa Valley it had to be good. I don't recall.

Because of the blog, I came across a reference to "two-buck Chuck" now becoming "three-buck Chuck.”The wine isn't that much more expensive to make and Trader Joe's could still make a profit on TBC but for the transportation costs.

Remember, regardless of what you might be paying for gasoline in your home town, "they're" paying upwards of $8 / gallon of gasoline out in California. Eight dollars a gallon! Governor Newsom will see that it goes higher. That's fine. But I digress.

While I'm fact-checking the TBC story, I came across a factoid -- Aldi owns Trader Joe's.

That's a true statement.

Some fact-checkers say it is not true.

This article provides the background; you decide.

By the way, for those that do not know the history of TBC, it has its own wiki entry

We have an Aldi about five minutes by car, just down the street from us. I shopped at Aldi's in England; I don't recall ever visiting the Aldi down the street from us.e Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment