Tuesday, March 29, 2022

And This Is When The Wind Turbine Consortiums Make Their Money -- March 29, 2022

Link here



Holy mackerel! I was wrong. In the twelve+ years that I have blogged I have always said that we will never see the price of electricity get into the ninth decile. Wow, was I wrong. Boston did it overnight. 

Look at the overall demand: not all that much.

Oil! 3%. 

Wind contribution is at the highest I've ever seen. Renewables at 12% -- very respectable -- and of that 12%, wind is accounting for 64%. I've never seen wind contribution that high. This is where wind is making its money. Wind is sold on a sliding scale and at this level, the margins are "to infinity and beyond." The other components, oil, natural gas, nuclear, I assume are pretty flat-lined at contractural prices.  A reader might know more about pricing.

Boston, MA: 20°F this morning. Link here.
Bangor, ME: 18°F

From Max Gagliardi:

No comments:

Post a Comment