Monday, July 20, 2020

Notes From All Over -- Late Night Edition -- July 20, 2002

I've never had a bumper fall off my car -- not even in that Saab - BMW crash in Germany. I was driving the Saab on the priority road at 100 kmh when a BMW pulled out in front of me -- no injuries and the bumpers stayed on ... on both cars .. but apparently bumpers falling off Teslas has become a "thing." LOL. From ZeroHedge:


... and not only a "thing" but more than expected. Say what? LOL.

********************************
Apple Headlines Ahead of Earnings

Apple's iPhone SE a huge hit with consumers; people really like them.

Fast, faster, and faster: 5G, sub-6GHz, mmWave, and all that jazz.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. 

******************************
IBM Beats On Strength Of Cloud

Link here.
Revenue from the cloud business, previously headed by IBM's new boss Arvind Krishna, rose 30% to $6.3 billion in the second quarter.
Krishna took over as chief executive officer from Ginni Rometty in April, while appointing former Bank of America Corp's top technology executive Howard Boville as the new head of IBM's cloud business.
IBM's total revenue fell 5.4% to $18.12 billion in the quarter, but came in above analysts' estimates of $17.72 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv. Excluding the impact from currency and business divestitures, revenue declined 1.9%.
The company's net income fell to $1.36 billion, or $1.52 per share, in the quarter ended June 30 from $2.5 billion, or $2.81 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.18 per share, above estimates of $2.07 per share.
******************************
Amazon: Holy Book Sales, Batman!

Up $235/share today; up almost 8% and on top of that -- the surge held after hours with AMZN gaining another $11 / up another 0.35%.

*****************************
Peacock Streaming

Not that I plan to watch it much, but, wow, talk about easy to set up. And it's free. 

Galveston, Glen Campbell

I was going to quit with that one, but then this one popped up in rotation:

Medley, Glen Campbell

Both of them take me back to my days in the US Air Force. Wow, don't get me started.

A reader sent me a great note regarding an earlier post. I'll post that next. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Glen with fellow greats:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp30Z1PIT-Y

    Glen most famous instrumental:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUBhE00h9U0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay in posting. I "saved" it until I had a chance to enjoy. Otherwise, I might forget to look at the videos. Thank you.

      Delete