Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Break, Break -- 10:35 A.M. CT -- July 31, 2019

This has been an incredible day for news and the market. And to the best of my knowledge, the Fed has not even announced its decision.

From Drudge, could be fake news. I did not read the story:


Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

If millennial non-investors are buying into the "gloom and doom" stories by the mainstream media, they are missing huge opportunities. Having said that, a recession is just around the corner. 

Typographical and factual errors: again, a huge "thank you" to all readers for not bringing to my attention "unimportant" typographical and factual errors. I correct them as I find them. If I make an error that could affect world peace, please let me know ASAP. That's medical speak for "as soon as possible."

A reminder: I'm inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken, and I love Big Oil. I especially love BP --- talking up green energy, global warming, and then reporting record profits from ... drum roll ... oil. At least that's my worldview of BP. I do not own any shares in BP, at least not directly. 

Sand: so how much sand did Enerplus use to frack its newest huge well in the Bakken? 12 million pounds of small/medium sand; no ceramics; the well:
  • 34582, 309 (no typo), Enerplus, Komodo 151-94-17A-20H-TF, 41 stages (modest), 12 million lbs (a lot), Sanish, t1/19; cum 121K 5/19;
Sand: and what about CLR? How much sand did CLR use to frack its newest well in the three Forks Bench 2? 11.3 million lbs in 41 stages; I assume all sand; the well:
  • 35273, IA/2,405, CLR Carson Peak 5-35H2, 4 sections, 41 stages (modest), 11.3 million lbs (a lot), Oakdale, t6/19; cum 2K after 4 days; inactive right now;
Sand: what does this tell me? Sand is available and it's cheap. Or at least economical to use a lot. With the cost of drilling going down, operators can afford to use more sand, although that's not to say that they are using more sand overall. 

Okay, we're done with this page.

2 comments:

  1. Just curious, in your Military career, did you pronounce it by the letters A-S-A-P or one word ASAP?
    Personal pet peeve of TV shows usage of A-S-A-P. Maybe it's just me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always used the "correct" pronunciation: "A-SAP." Spelling out A-S-A-P, I suppose, because they think it heightens the tension. I think A-S-A-P sounds amateurish.

      Delete