Friday, November 2, 2018

FWIW: An Interactive Poster On Crucial Mid-Term Energy-Related Races -- November 2, 2018

At this link: https://www.spglobal.com/platts/plattscontent/_assets/_images/latest-news/110118-midterms.jpg, click on the poster to enlarge it and then move around to poster to see the energy issues Platts has identified as crucial for those following the US energy industry.

********************************
KISS Is Coming To Dallas

At Starbucks a few days ago, one of the "regulars" mentioned that his 13-year-old son was eager to see KISS when the band comes to Dallas in a couple of months. Wow, what a coincidence. From my backpack I pulled out my copy of Gene Simmon's On Power: My Journey Through The Corridors of Power, And How You Can Get It -- More Power, c. c.2017.

One can read the book in one sitting. One can enjoy it over and over.

This is his eighth book. No typo. Eight books.

The first five chapters of On Power: his thoughts and advice on the subject of power and money.

Chapter 6: the classical power pantheon -- Machiavelli; Napoleon; and, Winston Churchill

Chapter 7: modern power players -- Oprah Winfrey; Elon Musk; Dave Grohl; Michael Jordan; Stan Lee; Warren Buffett; and, Frank Underwood

Chapter 8: epilogue.

For this post, I read the chapter on Warren Buffett.

I thought about Warren Buffett earlier today and also about Apple.

I'm absolutely convinced Tim Cook and Apple made the right decision about not releasing sales figures going forward. I am also convinced Tim Cook talked to Warren Buffett before making that decision. And I'm pretty convinced that Buffett supported Tim Cook's decision. Someday we might know how much more AAPL Buffett bought today. LOL. I'm hoping that Cook provides even less information regarding sales, such as average selling price, etc.

For me, FanBoy #3, Apple was never about money. It's just an incredibly good company, and there are indications that the company has not yet deviated from Steve Jobs' vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment