Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Damn Fine Cup Of Coffee -- April 17, 2018


And now I have to post the opening them song:


What fresh hell is this? you and Dorothy Parker (would) probably ask.

The most comforting part of my day is when Scott Adams goes live with his "Periscope." He is "nuts" -- I think. But that's a different story. I doubt even one percent of my readers are as fascinated with Scott Adams as I am. I think he's going to be a big help keeping me calm when things really start going badly for President Trump.

Scott Adams signature opening is his "simultaneous sip" of coffee -- and thus the tie-in with Twin Peaks.

I'm old school. Everyone else has a playlist on their iPhone. Everyone else streams Spotify.

Me?

For my short cross-country trip from DFW (north Texas) to Tucson this past weekend, I rented a Toyota Corolla from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. One reason I rent a car when I travel like that: the rental car is completely empty. I have room for everything I want to take. In this case I took two of my four boxes of CDs along with the other stuff that I needed for attending a family wedding. Yes, two small boxes of CDs. And once I started driving, I simply played CD after CD after CD. Listening to "Twin Peaks" at 4:00 a.m. after 20 hours of driving was probably the wrong thing to do -- came awfully close to falling asleep. LOL.

After the theme song, I quickly took it out, and replaced "Twin Peaks" with the "Best of Blondie." Wow, that helped keep me awake.

*************************************
Story

This is probably a story I should not be telling. Something tells me that once I post this story I will find out how many family members actually read the blog. LOL.

Apparently -- based on television commercials and overheard gossip -- for some women "panty lines" are a major concern.

And, apparently, for some women on the "red carpet," panty lines are a really major concern.

That for background, here's the story.

There are two "Sophies" in our family: a 23-year-old Sofia and bridesmaid; and, our granddaughter, three-year-old Sophia (four years old this summer) and fun-loving spirit.

Our older adult daughter called my wife over the weekend to update her on the wedding, just a social telephone call. During the call it happened to come up (I have no idea why this came up but it must be a "girl thing"). But it doesn't matter.

Our older adult daughter told my wife that Sofia asked if someone would go to the mall and pick up a new "thong" for her -- she needed it for her role on the "red carpet" during the wedding ceremony.

Yes, you know where this is heading.

My wife was absolutely silent for several minutes while listening to this story. She was absolutely flabbergasted that "our" three-year-old Sophia was concerned about panty lines and needed a new "thong." (I was unaware that Sophia was wearing thongs in the first place.)

Then it dawned on my wife. Our daughter was talking about 23-year-old Sofia and not 3-year-old Sophia looking for new underwear.

So, there you have it.

This would be a great "Gracie and Allen" scene -- if they were still around. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment