Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Poll -- November 8, 2017

Earlier today, while posting the story about Shell's new petrochemical plant being built near Pittsburgh, I got the feeling that there have been a whole lot more noteworthy stories about the US energy sector in the past few weeks than what I'm generally used to.

I don't want to write an essay on the issue but it just seems like the US is really "on a roll" when it comes to energy. I think what has impressed me more than anything is how quickly Houston was able to recover, at least at the macro-economic level. It says a lot about the dedication and the "can-do" spirit of American workers, and especially their families who, at the end of the day, are the ones who really provide the support for those workers to keep on  truckin' -- to use a phrase from the 60s (?).

Maybe my inappropriate exuberance for the Bakken has spilled over to the US energy sector in general so I thought I would at least ask the question if I was the only one who felt this way.

So, time for another poll: with regard to global energy, do you feel ...
  • much more optimistic than you did two years ago?
  • about the same as you did two years ago?
  • much more pessimistic than you did two years ago?
In the poll at the sidebar,  you can vote for any one of three answers, as well as writing in an opinion, if you want.

While considering this poll two more noteworthy energy stories crossed my "virtual desktop." I will post those stories later.

By the way, day-after-day the "stock market" seems to set a new high. Tonight, again, I see futures are green. Yes, futures mean squat but after four consecutive days of new highs, it's almost "scary" to see yet another even where futures are green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment