Saturday, October 1, 2016

Bakken LNG By Rail -- October 1, 2016

Updates

Later, 10:35 a.m. Central Time: from a reader (thank you); an article from over a year ago: Union Pacific first railroad to haul LNG.
 
Original Post
 
I'll come back to this later, but I'm curious if anyone knows whether "they" are shipping LNG out of the Bakken by rail. The reason I'm asking:
On Thursday, a couple of days ago, a reader noted an east-bound freight train rolling through Fargo with LNG cars among the various other freight cars. The reader was wondering whether the LNG was coming out of the Bakken or elsewhere. 
The only two locations I can imagine would be the Niobrara (northeastern Colorado/southeastern Wyoming) or Canada.

A google search certainly suggests this is LNG from the Bakken but I could find no specific sources.

This press release from 2014 suggested that it might be LNG by rail from the Bakken but not specifically stated.

A reminder: the first time I used the LNGBR tag was with this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment