Friday, September 30, 2016

Musings While Touring The Bakken -- And Driving 1,400 Miles Each Way To Get There -- September 30, 2016

Back in September I drove up to the Bakken from north Texas, almost a 3,000-mile round trip. Along the way, I kept a journal, quickly jotting some notes while driving. I was on-the-road again, in a great mood, the radio blaring loudly, and I had hoped to write an essay on each of those thoughts, but then simply ran out of energy or interest. But one never knows, I could come back to them some day.

These were some of the random thoughts I had while driving, posted, so that if I ever want to write about the trip, I have some ideas.

**********************************
Random Thoughts While Driving To The Bakken From North Texas

American workers work hard and party hearty.

Lots of construction. All that talk about infrastructure.

The presidential campaign.

The Bakken: Williston "back to normal." Or perhaps, better said, "back to a new normal."

Americans worry too much about making money. Life is more about the journey than the destination.

Restaurants in Williston.

Leaves changing color in the ND Badlands vs New England. Yellow vs yellow and red.

Driverless technology. Low hanging fruit: commuter trains, farm equipment, long haul freight, railroad.

Cattle, China.

Sweet spot: the price of oil.

Reading.

TrumpNever: USA Today, Dallas Morning News, UN, others -- polls overwhelming support for Trump; official count to Hillary.

No comments:

Post a Comment