Saturday, September 13, 2014

Carl's Jr Ad On Texas Television -- September 13, 2014

We''ve lived in Texas since 2000, I believe. Regular readers know that I generally don't watch television except for sports, so I could be wrong on this, but I doubt it.

In the fourteen years I've lived in Texas, I don't recall a television ad for Carl's Jr. I'm sure they've been advertising all along but because I so seldom watch television, I may have missed any ad for Carl's Jr. (The few times I watch, however, I see a lot of ads for Sonic and for Geico.)

Tonight, while surfing across the basic 12 channels to check in on each of three simultaneous college football games, I caught a Carl's Jr ad while stopping to watch "Bones." Wow, a Carl's Jr ad. I don't recall a Carl's Jr ad since my days in California back in the late 1980's.  For that matter I don't recall a Carl's Jr.

Regular readers will remember this post. It looks like it is starting: Carl's Jr moving to Texas in a big way. In 'N Out is already here. They have a huge mobile restaurant/18-wheeler that delivers to the elementary school on special occasions where our granddaughters are enrolled. Yes, Michelle, that's true. And I love the school's rules on "treats from home." But enough of this; I apologize for the digression.

[This is really quite funny. While posting this, I saw both a Geico and a Sonic ad. LOL. Life imitating blogging.]

*************************
A Note to the Granddaughters

One of my favorite memories while living in South Pasadena, California, 1973 - 1977, was visiting Carl's Jr on Colorado Boulevard on the east end of Pasadena.

And regular readers know which video is coming next:

Little Old Lady From Pasadena, Jan and Dean

2 comments:

  1. Does Michelle Obama know about "in n out" burger catering to your grandchildren's school? I'm sure she would like to do something about that, but am guessing she doesn't want to mess with Texas! :) Hardee's is the same as Carl Jr. Not sure the connection, but one of them bought each other out a few years back. The ads in ND always say "available at Hardee's and Carl Jr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that "In 'N Out" uses a lot of fresh lettuce. I had forgotten about the Carl's Jr / Hardee's relationship. I believe there's still a Hardee's on the corner at 11th and 2nd, if I have the avenue/street numbers correct.

      Delete