Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday Morning News, Views, And Links

It's hard to believe that after the huge run-up we had yesterday, the futures are still green: up about 30 points for the Dow and up about 60 cents for NYMEX crude oil.

My hunch is a lot of shorts were scrambling to come up with money yesterday. And that might continue today.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment decisions based on anything you read here or anything you think you may have read here.

Active rigs: 180 (steady)

RBN Energy: pricing of residual fuel oil along the Gulf Coast

This is a note from a reader who flew into Williston for the first time in a year; his developments are in other parts of the Bakken:
When we arrived the Williston airport there were 11 jets on the ground with a Gulfstream departing.  Gulfstreams (larger) and Citation X's indicate serious business.

We traveled south to Alexander.  There is construction every where. We met a land man that was doing development in Scottsdale 10 years ago. I asked him how the speculation was compared to Phoenix ten years ago.
He said worse.
We are only in the second inning in the Bakken. 

Williston International Airport
Embraer Phenom Executive Jet

Growing up in Williston all I recall was Marburger's crop spraying service. I also remember the stories about cloud seeding back in the late 1950's (I suppose) to try to make it rain. It must have worked; we've had wetter weather ever since. LOL.  I always regret that I did not take a bigger interest in aviation when I was growing up. I certainly had the opportunity. 

More later. Now, it's time to read "The Diary of a Spider" with the younger granddaughter and then walk the two to school. They like to get to school early to have more time to socialize with their friends. And then I will be off to Starbucks. They have asked us to leave our guns at home.

Don't Take Your Guns To Town, Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment