Monday, August 5, 2013

Microsoft Lowers The Price Of The Surface Pro

The Wall Street Journal is reporting:
Microsoft keeps chopping the price on the Surface.
Microsoft over the weekend began offering a $100 discount on its Surface Pro, one of the two versions of the company’s tablet-style computer. Previously, Microsoft announced price cuts of up to 30% on the less-powerful version, called Surface RT.
The company’s websites began showing a price of $799 or $899 for the Surface Pro, not including a device cover that doubles as a keyboard and costs at least $120. Surface Pro launched earlier this year at a price of $899 or $999 for a model with twice as much memory.
“We’ve been seeing great world-wide success with Surface RT pricing and keyboard-cover promotions over the past several months and are proud to offer Surface Pro at more affordable prices,” a Microsoft spokesman said in a prepared statement Sunday.
It’s not immediately clear why Microsoft is lowering the price. Company executives previously have said they’re pushing hard to generate interest in Microsoft-powered PCs during the back-to-school shopping season.
From the article: "it's not immediately clear why Microsoft is lowering the price." Say what? Where has this writer been.

By the way, I visited the South Lake (Texas) Town Center (shopping mall) over the weekend. It is incredible. I have seen some incredible shopping around the world during my 30 years with the Air Force, but South Lake Town Center is second to none. It is quite the deal. It was busy for a very, very hot day in Texas. But most stories had just a small number of shoppers ... until you got to the Apple store, and then it was shoulder-to-shoulder. It truly was incredible. I didn't get anything this trip -- I got my wife a MacBook Air just a few weeks ago which she loves. I can't remember if I blogged about that purchase. If not, maybe another day.

I have my heart set on the 27-inch iMac. It will double as a "television" monitor. Perhaps by the end of the year, once we get settled in the new apartment.

I don't think Microsoft had a store in South Lake Town Center; at least I didn't see it if there is one there, but again, I didn't look too hard.

I am reading a small book, I, Book, a collection of Steve Jobs comments, writings, letters, etc., and will start reading the biography as soon as I unpack the box in which it is in, following our move from San Antonio to the Dallas area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment