Sunday, November 20, 2011

We Remain Steady At 204 Active Drilling Rigs -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Dynamic link here.

Meanwhile Dickinson't folks upset with state's plan to fight the EPA.

For some the cup is never half full, and that statement implying that folks are being killed and injured daily between Williston and Watford City seems to be a bit of a stretch. Unless there's a story in today's Herald, which I haven't gotten yet, I haven't seen a death on Super 2 reported in quite some time. I know there were deaths reported before Super 2. If it's that bad, put a few Highway Patrol out there and slow things down. Put me in the category of "getting tired of whiners." I've seen Detroit, Kurdistan, Iraq, London's east end, Sidi Slimane, Washington (DC), San Francisco seedy side, just to name a few alternate choices, and North Dakota's oil patch beats them all. Life is a journey. Enjoy breakfast at all the new eateries in the oil patch. Wave to every truck driver who is feeding his/her family, many of the families left behind in Idaho, Wisconsin, Texas, and Louisiana.

I, for one, have nothing but praise for the governor approving the two-year project for Super2, and for the guys and gals who got the contract, to complete it in less than a year. Any contractor who can keep traffic moving at 55 mph in both directions on a two-lane road while laying asphalt with heavy equipment down the center, and on either side simultaneously with traffic is alright in my book. 

More later. Need to experience the Bakken to put me back in a good mood.




Highway Patrol, Junior Brown with rhythm guitarist, Tanya Rae
 



By the way, if I'm killed in a traffic accident on Super 2, don't weep for me; I'll have died in a place I love, doing what I loved most, and having lived a very, very wonderful life.  And my wife will collect on a very, very nice insurance policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment