Monday, September 12, 2011

Dore, North Dakota -- Between Trenton, North Dakota, and Fairview, Montana on Highway 58

I keep forgetting about Dore, North Dakota. I have posted notes about Dore a couple times and now it pops up again.

In my quest to learn more about proppants, "anonymous" sent me a link to Pioneer Oil LLC which has its own supply link to China for proppants. That will take you to my stand-along post; this will take you to Pioneer Oil/Proppant. When you get there, note where Pioneer has a proppant storage facility. You guessed it: Dore, North Dakota.

I drove through Dore this evening and did not realized it. Dore is on state highway 58 between Trenton, North Dakota, and Fairview, Montana. But there is no sign of Dore. Nothing. But, wow, was there a long line of oil tanker cars. Yup, Dore is also home to a crude-by-rail loading facility.

Someone last week accused me of being in a time warp when I mentioned that the stock market had gone below 11,000 -- and said that was the first time in "quite some time" that the market had dropped below 11,000. "Anonymous" pointed out that it was less than 30 days ago, and not all that long ago. I replied that things are happening so fast in the Bakken, it often feels like a time warp.

Indeed, the Williams County Commission has just announced a 6-month moratorium on man-camps, just to catch so the members can catch their breath.

Who would have ever guessed that Dore would rise again?

2 comments:

  1. you want to know about dore i went to dore school from 1945-1953 there was a post office, store, dance hall,grain elevator, rail depot, and dore elementry school for all the farm kids. hi school was fairview. my family farm was 1 mi north and 2 mi east and there is currently a well on our old place it was 240 acre of very good soil lots of labor intensive tasks ha. also the beet dump was at dore, many great country dances on sat nite local live music at dore hall lots of old timers still alive in those days to talk about the early home stead times, vern-cray@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great note. Amazing how times have changed. I can only imagine all the great memories from those country dances. I find myself becoming much more sentimental as I grow older. Lots of great memories. Thank you for sharing.

      The well you mention might be the R Field 1-22H well, a fairly recent Madison well, horizontal well. This well looks like a pretty good well: cumulative 146,000 bbls as of January 2012. Producing about 3,000 bbls of oil per month.

      But I'm just guessing which well; there are other wells in the area, and several on the confidential list in this area (on the North Dakota side of the border -- I don't follow Montana wells).

      Delete