Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Zavanna/Samson Participate in a Nice Well -- Gene 1-22H -- Stockyard Creek

This is why I love to blog about the Bakken; there must be a dozen story angles in this one post. Have fun, enjoy. Congratulations to all the mineral rights owners, and especially the well-deserving farmer whose land this pad sits on.

It must have come from a press release from Samson (I forget where) but some days ago I posted that Samson's Gene 1-22H had an IP of 2,406. Today, from the NDIC, it turns out that this well, #18009, is operated by Zavanna. So I assume that Samson was a partner. If I'm wrong, someone will let me know.

The report submitted to the NDIC by Zavanna reveals an IP of 1,128. That's fine. Either way it looks like a good well.

Even better news: this well was not in the Sanish or the Parshall. It was in Stockyard Creek. But note this, from an earlier post:
But this is what got me excited about the Stockyard Creek, and again, I have to thank a reader for sending me this information: at the link noted above, the writer noted that Gene 1-22H, #18009,  a Zavanna well in this field, section 22, has been completed  and is flowing at 2,936 boepd. A second well on the confidential list, #18015, is also a Zavanna well, Grasser 1-26H, sited on the same pad as the Gene well but will be drilling NW to SE.  These two wells are on a pad exactly one mile south of the highway about midway through the field.
Stockyard Creek is one of my favorite fields because of my memories attached to the area and its natural beauty of rolling hills. It straddles ND-1804 east of Williston and I drove it countless times out to Lake Sakakawea. This was God's Country, as they say. Just to the west of God's Country is Big Sky Country.

I profiled Stockyard Creek (same link as above) some time ago but have not updated that post. Maybe it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment