Sunday, January 24, 2010

Producers returning to where it all started

I just posted the other day -- I forget where I posted it -- but it was in response to someone who opined that we are already seeing the beginning of the end in the Bakken in terms of more good wells. I reminded folks that the Elm Coulee Creek, the oil field that started the current boom back in 2000, was very quiet. This field was drilled before widespread multiple-stage fracturing was being accomplished, and I opined that it was possible that producers would move back into Elm Coulee with new technology, new procedures, and perhaps, even, new formations.

My point was this: I don't agree that we are seeing the beginning of the end of excitement in the Bakken. 

So, today it was quite a surprise to find an article in the Sidney Herald reporting that activity was increasing once more in Elm Coulee Creek. This is very, very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment