Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Vern Whitten Photography Coffee-Table Book -- May 28, 2020

I may post this a couple of times so it doesn't get lost in all other news. In addition, I will add a link at the sidebar at the right.

This is really, really cool.

Vern Whitten Photography is publishing a "coffee-table book" book. Virtually.

The first two pages have already been posted here and elsewhere.

The best news: the photos and text will be maintained at the Vern Whitten Photography website and you can order prints.

It is interesting: as much as I enjoy storing my photos on-line and posting them on the blog, I love hard-copy enlargements. I place enlargements in documents protectors and then into a binder as a journal of sorts. They end up being "coffee-table" binders and visitors (including Sophia) love poring through them. Somehow, the tactile experience and getting away from the mobile device is very, very inviting.

In addition, the best of the best, and those that stir memories and emotions, are framed and hung. My experience visiting the great art museums in Paris (many, many times when stationed overseas) resulted in my love to hang art and photos in the house. I don't care for empty walls. 

As I get new photos from Mr Whitten, they will be posted on the blog and a reminder of the link at the side bar at the right.

Again, here was the first photo which most reminds me of my brother who we lost several years ago.  In fact, if one puts the first two photos Vern sent me, they tell a complete story about my brother. I may post that later.

First, the Vern Whittin Photography site and the coffee-table book.



Contact:

No comments:

Post a Comment