Friday, April 6, 2018

Huge Shout-Out To All The Readers -- April 6, 2018

Updates

April 7, 2018, 10:42 p.m. Central Time -- pageviews -- 10,999,902 -- only 98 views from eleven million pageviews, but I'm tired, ready to go to bed. Not sure what to do. On the weekend during the day, maybe 100 pageviews/hour but the number will drop significantly as we get to midnight/early morning hours in the US. I may be asleep when we go over the 11MM mark.

Original Post 

Due to family commitments, I might miss it tomorrow. But sometime this weekend, the number of pageviews for the blog should hit the 11,000,000 (11 million) mark.

Right now, 8:30 p.m. Central Time, April 6, 2018, pageviews are at: 10,996,854.

During the week, the blog averages about 3,500 pageviews/day (24 hours).


Right now, there are only 3,146 pageviews until we hit eleven million. I don't know what the average pageviews are on the weekend but I assume it's significantly less than the weekday average.

During the boom, readership averaged around 6,000 pageviews/day. Early on, there were days that exceeded 7,000 pageviews. I did note 7,313 pageviews on April 11, 2012.

As the Bakken has matured, the number of pageviews has decreased. The record low that I noted was 2,894 on August 14, 2016.

One can track pageviews at the bottom of the blog, below the "tags," on the lower left side of the blog.

******************************
Memories

Massachussetts, The Bee Gees

**************************
The Beatles vs The Bee Gees

Over the years I've wracked my brain trying to sort out, on a rational basis, which group was better, the Beatles or the Bee Gees.

Earlier this week, I finally "solved" the problem. There is no answer. The two groups are in different "arenas." Whatever arena you want to put the Beatles in, and whatever arena you want to put the Bee Gees in, they are each the best in their arena. But they are in different arenas. Apples and oranges.

But if you ask me, right now, at this moment, to whom do I prefer to listen? The Bee Gees, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment