Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Savage Announces Completion of Its Trenton CBR Facility

Updates

September 3, 2012: a reader supplied another link to this story; trade journal.

Original Post
Link here.
Savage announces the completion of its terminal located near Trenton, ND, with direct connection to BNSF Railway’s main line track. The terminal is strategically located to gather crude oil from the Williston Basin and Bakken Shale and facilitate the transport of crude to key refinery markets. The terminal provides the oil industry with inbound gathering access through truck receiving stations, pipeline connections and crude oil tankage. Outbound delivery of crude oil is served by a double loop track capable of holding two 118 car unit trains.
Data points:
  • in operation on a manifest basis since December, 2011
  • inbound: truck
  • outbound: double loop; two 118-car unit trains
  • operate 24/7
  • capable of expansion
A big "thank you" to a reader for alerting me to the announcement.

2 comments:

  1. We took air and ground photos of the Epping rail yard last week. The facilities for these operations are huge. Will send pics if you tell me how.
    Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful. About the only way I know is to e-mail them as an attachment. My e-mail address is at the blog site (oksol@yahoo.com); if you have concerns about your e-mail address, as soon as I download the photos, I will delete your message and the e-mail address along with it.

      If you do send them, let me know if you want credit for them; I only use first names, but some folks have told me they don't want even their first names posted.

      Again, than you for the offer. My dad and I drove past the Epping rail yard almost every evening last summer/fall.

      Delete