Monday, January 23, 2023

Mostly For Investors -- Nothing About The Bakken -- January 23, 2023

Updates

Later, 2:27 p.m. CT

Original Post

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.    

Personal investing:

I'm keeping my same "new money" allocation the same as it has been for the past year, but I sold out one of my Big Pharma positions, to replace it with another Big Pharma position at a later date. However, taking the cash from that Big Pharma sale, I added a significant position in a semiconductor company. 

The top seven: link here.

  • AAPL, NVDA, AMZN, BRK-B, DXCM, GOOG, COST

Dividend cuts: ten biggest in 2022 --

  • ILPT; PPL, DEI, UG, DVN, SWZ, SLG, RIO, SBLK, NCMI

PFE: raised its dividend

"[Pfizer]will be increasing its periodic dividend on the 3rd of March to $0.41, which will be 2.5% higher than last year's comparable payment amount of $0.40. This will take the annual payment to 3.5% of the stock price, which is above what most companies in the industry pay.

CVX: likely to raise its dividend before next earnings release. Link here.


DVN: earnings forecast. Link here.

Digital wallet: link here

Major banks in the US are combining forces to take on Apple Pay. Zelle. This is a huge story. Coming on the heels of incredibly poor earnings being reported by some major banks. 

Apple is not a bank. This tells me how threatening the major banks see Apple. See this recent post, one of two big stories reported that week. 

Last year we started receiving information from our regional bank regarding their new service, Zelle. It appeared the Zelle was our only way to transfer money from our bank account to outside accounts where automatic withdrawal exists (other than paper checks). I don't think that's true but it felt that why. Whatever. The big problem: I don't trust my regional bank (transactions fees, etc) and I certainly don't trust an outside app with which I have no experience.

For me, Apple and "trust" are linked in the library.

See yesterday's note on CBDC, also.

Art: contemporary discoveries. Something a little different.

Life: best ten cities in the US in which to buy a home (not necessarily best place to raise a family). * = places we've lived. Not in same order as at the link:

  • Texas: DFW area*
  • Texas: San Antonio area*
  • North Carolina: Raleigh
  • South Carolina: Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin area
  • South Carolina: North Charleston, South Charleston*
  • Tennessee: Knoxville
  • Florida: Jacksonville
  • Arkansas / Missouri: Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers area
  • Georgia: Atlanta area
  • Alabama: Huntsville (*Montgomery, AL)

No comments:

Post a Comment