Thursday, May 19, 2022

Reason #25 Why I Love To Blog -- May 19, 2022

Starting about ten days or so ago, I started noting that:

  • it is not an oil production problem;
  • it is not an oil pipeline problem;
  • it IS a refining problem.

I started posting my thoughts on this earlier this week.

A reader, thank you very much, corroborated my "analysis."

Charles Kennedy is now reporting that gas stations in Washington State are running out of fuel.

Gas stations throughout eastern Washington State are sold out of gasoline, and some are selling only diesel, while nationwide U.S. gas prices hit another all-time high and Washington’s average gasoline price is now nearing $5.20 per gallon.

In the Tri-Cities area (Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland), residents are scrambling to find a gas station that hasn’t run out of gasoline, The Post Millennial reports. Residents in the area have flagged in a local Facebook group that more than 10 gas stations in the region are out of fuel.

A gas station in Auburn has reprogrammed displays to show double-digit prices, although it doesn’t expect $10 regular gasoline price and sells the more expensive race fuel, a spokesman for the station told The Post Millennial.

I know the Tri-Cities area very well. I drive through it every summer on my trip between Portland, OR, to Flathead Lake, MT.

On another note, the US House has just passed a bill to prevent price gouging or something to that effect. 

I am seriously reconsidering my travel plans for this summer. This may not the "correct" summer to be traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment